1. Section Intro
This section focuses primarily on unit testing and working with mocks, and includes the following:
- introduction to automated testing (why we should write tests)
- the testing pyramid: what kind of tests exist in Flutter
- how to work with test matchers (useful when working with errors, futures, streams)
- how to generate and report test coverage data directly in VSCode
- how to mock dependencies using the Mocktail package
- how to write acceptance criteria using the Given When Then format
- test lifecycle methods
- adding a test workflow to automate testing with GitHub Actions
We'll explore all these topics by writing tests for the repositories and controllers that we have already added to the eCommerce app.
This will be a good foundation for the next section (which covers widget tests, integration tests, and more).